Fall is here! And that means its time for PCL or Pumpkin Chai Latte!
I love Starbuck’s Pumpkin Chai Latte but I hate the cost and the strong coffee taste, so I decided to try and make my own but as a tea latte. David’s tea recently posted this great recipe for a Pumpkin Chai Maple Latte using their Pumpkin Chai tea. I made a few adjustments but kept the recipe generally the same, and it was delicious! A little rich, but as an after dinner dessert, it hits the spot.
- 2 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin Chai tea (I’m sure some other tea shops offer a similar tea)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk (I think you could substitute for almond milk)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Put water, tea and spices in a small sauce pan and bring to a slow boil.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add coconut water, pumpkin puree and maple syrup and let simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Strain into mugs.
This makes about 2 small cups of tea latte. I would suggest if you want to make a bigger batch to double up the ingredients. I already cut down on the brown sugar and maple syrup from the original recipe to reduce the sweetness, but I may want to play around with the recipe a bit more. Overall very nice, rich and tasty. I had some canned whip cream in the fridge, so I sprayed some of that on top. But you could just froth some milk to put on top or have it without any extra milk or cream.
Enjoy this latte with a good read!