I recently discovered The Broke and the Bookish, where a group of bloggers created an original feature/weekly meme where they share different top ten lists every week. They also encourage fellow bloggers to create their own lists and share them. This week’s topic is Ten Series I Have Yet to Finish. Immediately when I saw the topic I was like that’s perfect for me. There are so many series that I own that I haven’t gotten around to finishing (my friends know what I’m talking about).
I decided to focus on book series that I have already started and have yet to finish. Don’t even get me started on the series that I own but haven’t begun yet. I could make a whole other list of 10 with those series (maybe for another post).
I’m one of those people that forgets what I read after about a year, so generally when the next book in a series comes out, I have to reread the previous books to refresh my memory (kind of another reason why I started this blog). Which is why I fall behind in a series and I lose the motivation to continue on. Hopefully this list will be my motivation to get back on the series wagon and just commit to it.
1.The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – I read the first and second books in this series, and I just wasn’t as sucked in as I wanted to be. But this series gets such rave reviews that I thought that if I read on, it would get better. So I bought the third book but have yet to read it.
2. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas – I am really disappointed in myself that I haven’t kept reading this series. I read the first book a while back now. For me it was one of those books that got better as you read it. I bought the second and third books and have still not gotten to them yet. I recently read another book by Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and absolutely loved it. So now I feel like I have to start this one up again.3. The Selection series by Kiera Cass – I loved the first book in this series, but was really disappointed with the second book. I bought the third book, but I decided that I needed to read the first and second over again before I could get to it. And I just couldn’t get through the second book for a second time. But I will have to force myself to read it one of these days so that I can finish the third.
4. The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater – I absolutely loved Maggie’s Shiver series and couldn’t wait for The Raven Boys. But I wasn’t as excited with it as I wanted to be. It was good but not great. I bought the second book in the series and just didn’t have time to get to it. I would like to start this one up again and see if I was wrong the first time around.
5. Beauchamp Family/Witches of East End series by Melissa de la Cruz – I’ve always loved Melissa de la Cruz, and her move into the adult fiction genre with Witches of East End really interested me. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book. I am disappointed that I own the second and third books but just have not had the time to get to them. (And I still have not finished the final and 7th book in her Blue Bloods series).6. Castor Chronicles/Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl – I have this whole series, but I’ve only read the first book, Beautiful Creatures. It was an okay read but not great. But I really want to give it a second chance and see if I was wrong the first time.
7. Southern Vampire Mysteries/Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood series by Charlaine Harris – I bought this series as a box set and I read books one and two. But there are 13 books in this series! I lost interest, got busy, and now I’ve forgotten everything from the first two books. I would need to dedicate basically a whole year to read this series.
8. Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter – I absolutely loved this series! There is a bit of mystery, humour and suspense all mixed together to create some awesome reads. I read the first four books and bought the fifth and sixth, but have yet to get to them. I want to read the first four over again to refresh my memory and I just need to find the time. (Also have yet to finish Ally Carter’s Heist Society series)
9. Precious Stone/Ruby Red trilogy by Kerstin Gier – I am really disappointed in myself that I haven’t finished this one, because I loved Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue, the first two books in this trilogy. I started Emerald Green, the third book (maybe about 100 pages), and then I got busy. Life happened basically. And now its been too long, I’ve forgotten everything. I need to reread the whole series over again. 10. Abandon trilogy by Meg Cabot – I love Meg Cabot and really loved the first book (Abandon) in this series. I bought the second and third books, but one of my friends said that they weren’t as good as the first. So now I am sort of afraid to continue on.
What are your top ten book series that you have yet to finish? Do you need to reread series like me? Is there a series that I should not even attempt to continue with? Let me know in the comments!