I can’t believe it! My first ever blog award! Thank you so much to Books In My Vein for nominating me. Its great to know that other people are actually reading my posts!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten blogs.
1. What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
I loved a lot of books when I was a kid, but my absolute favourite was Harry Potter. I couldn’t get enough of them. I would be on edge until the release date of each book in the series and then read it in like a day or two. I remember when the fifth book came out, my dad was flying back home from London and he bought the book on the release date in the airport at about 6am (London time) so that I would have it when I woke up.
2. Are you guilty of buying a book just because of its cover? Give an example.
All the time! My bookshelf is full of books picked specifically because of their cover. I am trying to stop myself from doing this. There are pros and cons though. Sometimes I discover amazing books, and sometimes not so amazing but at least they had pretty covers. One example is A Mad Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller (I am a sucker for big, beautiful dresses and historical fiction looking covers). I am reading that book as part of my reading challenge as a book I picked entirely based on the cover. The cover looks so pretty but I seriously have very little idea of what the book is about. I guess I will find out soon.
3. What is your favorite trilogy?
My all-time favourite trilogy is definitely The Hunger Games. Hands down! I’ve reread that series so many times and I still get giddy when I pick it up. I may try to reread the series again before the final movie comes out in November.
4. What book are you looking forward to be published?
Because I just finished A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and was thoroughly impressed, I am looking forward to the sequel in the series.
5. Do you prefer coffee or tea while you read?
Definitely tea! Of course!
6. Where do you prefer to read?
Usually I like to curl up in bed with a nice cup of tea and my latest read. But also like to sit outside in a lounger (if its sunny).
7. Are you a righty or lefty?
Righty, but I’m a lefty for certain sports.
8. What is your favorite color?
I’m surprised but I actually have a lot of pink in my closet, so let’s go with that. But I’m pretty varied, I also love purple and blue.
9. Who is your favorite author?
It changes all the time, but right now it’s Sarah J. Maas, because I just finished A Court of Thorns and Roses and it was amazing!
10. If your life story is written, what is its title?
Steep Drink Read
- What is your favourite book of 2015 so far?
- If you could be any literary character, who would you be?
- E-books or hard copies? And why?
- Do you have a literary crush/love and if so, who?
- How do you take your coffee/tea? Cream, milk, sweetener or black?
- If you could visit any place in the world (that you haven’t been yet), where would it be?
- If you were stuck on a deserted island and could only have one book, what would it be?
- Do you ever read in the dark? And if so, how?
- Have you ever been nominated for a blog award (other than this one)?
- What is your favourite book-turned movie?
(I also am short of nominees and must connect more with my fellow bloggers).